3. Information that We Collect.
CSSIFM-ION, Mariposa may collect the following types of information from or concerning you or your computer/device:
(A) Information You Provide. We collect information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information that you provide to us when you use the Website, request information, or otherwise communicate with us via the Website. The types of information that we may collect include:
• Personal Information: “Personal Information” is information that personally identifies you, such as your name, address, phone number and email address.
• Demographic Data: “Demographic Data” is information that we collect about you (but that doesn’t specifically identify you), such as your gender, birthday, zip code, country, height, weight, lifestyle and exercise frequency.
(B) Information We Obtain From Your Use of the Website. When you access or use the Website, we may automatically collect information about you, your computer and/or mobile device, including:
• Device Information: We may collect device specific information when you use the Website (such as your hardware model, operating system version, a unique identifier for your device, MAC address, mobile phone number and mobile network information).
• Log Information. We log information that your web browser sends whenever you visit a website, which may include your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type and language, the websites you viewed before navigating to our site and the website you view when leaving our site, access times, pages viewed, number of clicks, domain names, one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser and, if you visit a website from a browser on a mobile phone, your phone number. In addition, our servers may log certain general information that our software sends whenever a message or other content is sent or received, including time and date stamps and identifiers for the devices from which messages are sent or received.
• Location Information. When you use a location-enabled service on the Website, we may collect information about your location (such as GPS information provided by your mobile device).
• Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. We may use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit the Website, including by sending one or more cookies to you, by using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”, “clear gifs,” or “web bugs”), Flash local shared objects (also known as “Flash cookies” or “Flash LSOs”) or other anonymous identifiers. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve the Website and your experience, to see which areas and features are popular and to count visits. Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. However, in contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages and other content. Note that, in addition to cookies, web beacons and Flash LSOs used by the Website may let third party vendors and partners set and access their cookies on your computer or device or use their web beacons on the Website. Other companies’ use of their cookies and web beacons is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one.
• Usage/Performance Analytics. CSSIFM-ION, Mariposa may use service providers to collect usage and/or performance analytics for the Website (including Google Analytics and Crashlystics). These third-parties may place Cookies, use web beacons and gather information about you and/or your device or usage of the Website (including log, traffic and activity data and website performance data) in order to deliver relevant metrics and content. We do not share your Personal Information with these parties, but we may share anonymized or aggregated information with them to improve the performance of the Website or relevancy of the content you see. The collection of this information by third-parties may include the collection of information from you when you are on third-party websites, and it is subject to such third-parties’ privacy policies. For additional information, see the section concerning Third Party Websites/Applications, below. For more information about how Google uses data collected via Google Analytics, please visit http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. For more information about how Crashlystics uses data collected via the Crashlystics service, please http://try.crashlytics.com/terms/privacy-policy.pdf.
• Usage Information. We may collect information regarding the performance of the Website such as performance metrics, error reports, traffic data and bandwidth measurements.
(C) Information We Obtain From Other Sources. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the Website.
4. Use of Information Collected.
We may use information that we collect from you for various purposes, including to:
• Provide, maintain and improve the Website, including to process communications and transactions that you request, to provide additional features and to send you related information;
• Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
• Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
• Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Website;
• Personalize and improve the Website and provide features and/or content that match user profiles or interests;
• Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
• Detect, investigate and/or prevent fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity;
• Conduct internal management and business operations, provided such use is permitted by applicable law; and
• Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
5. Our Sharing and Disclosure of Information
• To affiliates, strategic partners, agents, and third party contractors who need access to perform, improve or maintain the Website or to otherwise carryout work on our behalf (including, for example, sending communications on CSSIFM-ION, Mariposa’s behalf).
• To comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us.
• To investigate or remedy potential violations of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property or safety of CSSIFM-ION, Mariposa, our users or other third parties. For example, we may verify the information that we collect with third parties to protect against potential fraud.
• To third parties as part of any corporate reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcy, and sales of all or a portion of our business (where we might transfer/assign information that we have collected to a third party successor or purchaser).
• To third parties with your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you, with third parties. For example, we may share aggregate usage and volume statistical information regarding the Website with our partners.
6. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children. In specific forms where we may ask for information about children we take steps to protect the privacy of those children by making reasonable efforts to ensure that a parent has entered or authorized the collection of the child’s Personal Information.
7. International Users
The Website is controlled and operated by us from the United States and is not intended to subject us to the laws of any other jurisdiction. By using the Website, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules from those of your country.
8. Your Choices
(B) Account Information. If the Website offers account/profile creation, you may update or correct information about yourself at any time by changing your profile information within the Website. You may also unsubscribe from promotional email communications from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link provided in such communications. However, note that you may not opt-out of Website-related communications (such as account verification and technical and security notices). If you wish to delete your account/profile, please send an email to email@example.com. Note that we may retain certain information as required by law, for legitimate business purposes or as part of our regular retention practices. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
(C) Device Information. Certain features of the Website may require access to your hardware device. If you later decide to revoke your consent and prevent us from continuing to access your device, you can do so by either changing the settings on your device (if this settings option is provided via your device’s operating system).
(D) Location Information. If you initially consent to our collection of location information through your applicable device, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information by changing the preferences on your device/browser software. If you do so, certain features of our Website will no longer function.
(E) Cookies. Most web browsers are setup to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Website.
(F) Local Shared Objects (Flash Cookies). You can manage the usage of flash cookies via http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html. You may also be able to manage flash cookies through recent versions of certain Internet browsers. Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede functionality of some Flash applications, including, potentially, Flash applications used in connection with the Website.
9. Third Party Applications/Websites
10. Security of Personal Information
CSSIFM-ION, Mariposa has implemented and maintains reasonable security procedures and practices designed to protect against the unauthorized access, use, modification, destruction or disclosure of Personal Information within our organization; however, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below. Further, please do not email CSSIFM-ION, Mariposa any personal health information as that is not a secure form of communication. Please understand that any email or other submission of personal health information is considered a release and authorization for the use and disclosure of your personal health information.
11. Contact Us
Last Updated: July 7, 2017